I just got a [Phoenix Hatchling] in heroic MrT! He is so cute! I will hug him, and pet him, and squeeze him, and pat him, and pet him, and love him forever.
March 30, 2008
March 28, 2008
So, is anyone else getting really curious about the all-out warfare that's bound to break out in Lower City in a later patch? I'm going to be really disappointed if a proper ogre army doesn't show up.
Griftah's story seems to have come to a dead end with the opening of ZA and his return to Shattrath, so I really hope Cro Threadstrong vs. Granny Smith lives up to all the buildup.
March 25, 2008
March 24, 2008
So, I've been making a huge push to get my shaman to level 70 before patch 2.4 hits. This week's screenshot is from Blade's Edge earlier in the week, back when he was 68. I hit 70 yesterday at 10 days, 3.5 hours, which I figure isn't so bad since a) I wasn't trying to keep a pace, b) I have a tendency to stick him in an in and wander off without logging, and c) a fair bit of his Azeroth leveling happened before the leveling changes in patch 2.3.
The best part about leveling my shaman, in addition to the sheer fun of whacking things in the face and having a short-timer interrupt, has been leveling on rested XP from 61-70. That just rocks.
I've also had a great time leveling enhancement, and will probably keep the spec as I finish out most of the early quests -- I have a tons more to do in Netherstorm, and I haven't even touched Shadowmoon Valley. But the other big push this weekend has been to get my Kara key. Sure, they may be unnecessary in just a few short days, but in the meantime, our Monday newbie Karazhan raid needs a second healer, so I volunteered my undergeared self to the task.
Will I survive? More importantly: will my raid survive? I'll let you know.
March 17, 2008
March 9, 2008
March 5, 2008
March 4, 2008
No, not the hunter talent, the post topic.
Right I've got a lot of half-completed posts and ideas floating around, but here are some of the short ones that come to mind immediately but aren't worthy of their very own posts:
- Phaelia's started a new guide to spirit and mana regeneration in patch 2.4. It comes with a healthy dose of math, and promise of more to come. Now that all casters will be using the same formula for mana regen, this post is a must read for all theorycraft lovers who care about their blue bars.
- I'm warming to Christian Belt over at WoW Insider. He's writing the latest incarnation of the mage column, Arcane Brilliance, where he gives off the air of someone who -- at last -- not only enjoys our class but knows how to play it in all its squishy variations. I still think the WoW Insider class columns spend way too much time on the 1-40 game, but it's a nice change of pace.
- Apparently all kinds of people think Patch 2.4 will be out in the next two weeks. To which I say: bwahahaha. Ha. I mean, um: ohpleasenotyet, I haven't finished my guide to new dps caster gear.
- Improved Alchemist Stones: about damn time! 54 spell hit rating is a ton of +hit; my spooky may have to respec to use it properly.
- I just spent some of my new job money on Jonathan Coulton tickets for me and The Boy on March 22nd. Commence with the jealousy.