With Hallow's End finally here, I've compiled a guide on how to obtain all the different costumes you'll soon be seeing on display, as well as some of the cool effects they have.
Trick or Treat at an Inn
Trick or treating prompts the innkeepers to either give you a treat bag, turn you into something for 30 seconds, or give you a costume with a 60 minute duration. You can only trick or treat once every hour.
- 30 Second Debuffs: mini-Diablo, skeleton, ghost, bat, frog, kitten, snake
- 60 minute Costumes: leper gnome, pirate, ninja, bat, pirate, skeleton, wisp
- Flimsy Masks that let you dress up as a different race or faction
- Hallowed wands that you can cast on a member of your party to give them one of the 60 minute costumes
Hallow's End Pumpkin Treats
These candies cause you to take on one of four random forms, each of which has a special effect. You can right-click to dispell the form, or the form can be dispelled (might be handy to have a few of these for PvP). You get them from innkeepers or from completing Hallow's End quests. The four pumpkin treat costumes are:
- Pirate: increased swim speed
- Ghost: levitate (slow fall + water walking)
- Armored Skeleton: underwater breathing
- "You are big and orange": chance to proc a curse that slows enemies' movement and attack speed
If you're looking to get more candy (and who isn't?), you'll definitely want to do the orphan quest: Hallow's End Treats for Jesper! on Alliance, or Hallow's End Treats for Spoops! for Horde. You can pick the quest up at the Ogrimmar or Stormwind orphanages, and it will send you to innkeepers in each of your faction's major Azerothian cities. Once you complete the orphan quest, you'll receive 30 Hallow's End Pumpkin Treats, and will be able to purchase more from a special holiday vendor. Horde can buy them from Rachelle Gothena by the AH in Orgrimmar, and Alliance from Katrina Shimmerstar, who's located right outside the Ironforge bank.